I keep waiting
for her pain to be gone
but it is never gone
because the pain is me
and I am always here
• funeral of leaves ~ falling, beautiful corpses ~ painted faces smile
• chill-damp twilight fog ~ ghosts of fallen leaves rising, ~ downed by midnight winds
• with my pocket knife ~ I cut a haiku open ~ and shook the words out
• near a quiet lake, ~ a lonesome monk plays his flute... ~ the loons cry with him
• in our mind's eye ~ fragile snapshots of memories, - blurred by forgetting
• Bashō's twitter stream ~ uploads picture to yFrog... ~ comes up 404 #BashingBashōhaiku
• doomsday calendar ~ what if Mayans just got bored ~ stopped at 2012?
• this sweet, sweet morning ~ I felt so romantical ~ all the roses blushed #makeupaword
• past summer nights ~ hearing millions of crickets ~ seeing none of them
• the missus asleep, ~ sneak out with wine and french bread... ~ affair with the birds
• spending my whole life ~ accepting impermanence ~ to die in one day
• so disapproving, ~ watching them enjoy their lives ~ like we used to do...
• hot air balloons rise ~ flames lift flimsy plastic bags... ~ those crazy bastards
• the heart in my chest ~ ignored, abused, and broken -- ~ suddenly attacks!
• overhead, while I drive ~ I watch the clouds follow me ~ I stop, they head west http://twitpic.com/k5nqr
• deep into twilight ~ sitting in a grape juice sky ~ vanilla moonpie
• hidden by the sun... ~ but tonight, behind the clouds ~ she's naked with stars
• honey-toast sunrise... ~ iridelicious skysweet ~ solar breakfast time #makeupaword
• mass ascention ~ balloons, the rising faithful ~ touch His holy chin
• Bashō by old pond ~ frog hops up, gives him a kiss ~ "Wrong story, frog.." ptuey! #BashingBashōhaiku
• dirty glass, it is ~ specks and smears, day-old water ~ still half full, waiting...
• to be the worst horse ~ broken, beaten - and carry ~ buddha's compassion
• our body and mind ~ that we die and do not die ~ not one, and not two
• in total darkness ~ he paints with perfect brush strokes ~ undreamt dreams of her
• faraway sirens ~ the neighborhood dogs howling -- ~ then sudden silence
• old woman's wheelchair ~ rusted fan in the window ~ neither one turning
• homeless, babbling ~ hassling passers-by, staggers ~ dares them to notice
• the coming winter ~ the sound of new-falling snow ~ in leaves crinkling...
• his worn, broken heart ~ too frail for midnight kisses - ~ beating just the same...
• lost in memories, ~ behind those beautiful eyes ~ she is somewhen else
• just before the dawn ~ the stars cease their shimmering ~ so the night can sleep
• a black shape moving ~ in the corner of my eye ~ dog I used to have
• the battery chirps ~ but I do not plug it in ~ waiting for last rites
• upload love sequence: ~ sparked motherboard triggered by ~ acrylic key taps